PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. We may also collect information about you through social media sites you use to access our Site depending the permissions you have given for access to your information.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
The types of information we collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you up to date with all the latest exciting Saritahanda news and offers.
Information we receive from you
Here are some examples of information we collect about you when you interact with us:
Name and Surname
Contact phone number(s)
Interactions with us e.g. contacting our Customer Service
Attendance at Workshops/events
Automatically populated IP address*
Information from cookies**
*When visiting our Websites we may collect an automatically populated IP address. An IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device (such as your mobile or tablet) to browse the internet. We may also record the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version.
Information we receive independently from you
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (we do not store your credit card information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use personal information to:
- We may also use your Personal Information to improve and personalize your experience with us, and, with your consent where necessary, send you information about us and keep you informed of our other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Communicate with you & send marketing mailers to which you have consented ;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use passively collected information to monitor and maintain the performance of our Sites, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services, validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users, and optimise our marketing efforts.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may share Personal Information with affiliated businesses.
- Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies ("Service Providers") to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via a Site. These companies are authorised to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Third Parties for Marketing and Other Purposes. With your prior consent, we may share with selected third party partners for our marketing purposes.
- Legal Requirements.We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, total or partial sale of assets in bankruptcy or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets, but this will be conducted in compliance with Indian law
- Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Sites. When you interact with content from our partners displayed on our Site, please be aware that you are providing your Personal Information to these third parties and it will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
OUR OPT-OUT POLICY
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, If you wish to not have this information collected and used for interest-based advertising, you may opt-out by clicking here for partners that participate in the TRUSTe opt-out tool (or if located in the European Union click here). If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative, please click here. If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), you can do so here. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads.
To stop receiving newsletters or marketing communications from us or to opt out of having your email address shared with third parties, please use the “unsubscribe” mechanism provided in the communication (such as the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the marketing email) or send an e-mail to [email protected] along with the information necessary for us to process your request.
Service-Related Announcements: We will also send you service-related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Visitors under 13 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information at any Site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any information to us. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information. Visitors older than the age of 13, but younger than their country’s legal age of majority are permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information only with parental supervision.
- Access to Personally Identifiable Information: If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or delete it by emailing our Customer Support here(https://saritahanda.com/contact). We will respond to your request to access within 24 to 48 hours. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Links to Other Sites: Our website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by saritahanda.com. Please be aware that we, saritahanda.com, is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.
- Public Forums: Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, email us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Customer Testimonials and Reviews: We post customer testimonials and reviews on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. When a customer chooses to post a review of a product, we ask for a nickname and location. If you would like to request to have your testimonial or review removed from our site you may email us.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided below:
85, Udyog Vihar, Phase-I, Gurugram, Haryana 122016, India
COOKIES & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT WE USE:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- An “Embedded script” is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
The above technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Sites, services and products, tracking users’ movements around the Sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
These are cookies that our websites need to function and if they are not accepted by you, parts of the Websites won’t be usable. Examples of where these cookies are used include: to store how many items are in your shopping bag and to anonymously determine when you are signed in.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
We use various software tools that allow us to study, and then improve, how customers interact with our Websites - this is known as website analytics. Examples of analytical tools that we use are: Google Analytics.
Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many visitors we have to our Websites, how many times they visit our Websites and how many times a user viewed specific webpages within our site. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the pages that you visit and whether you have visited our Websites multiple times, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name or address.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. This information is anonymous and cannot identify you personally, but we may share it with third parties to help tailor advertising to your particular interests.
How Can I Manage My Cookies?
By using our Websites, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our Websites in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you are a first time visitor and do not want to accept cookies from our Websites, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you choose to do this, please be aware our Websites may no longer function as intended.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|Requested Functionality Cookies (Exempt)|
|login_redirect||A flag that indicates if caching is disabled.|
|mage-messages||The session key.|
|mage-translation-storage||If product links were sent to friends, stores the timestamps in the format: $timeStamp1, $timestamp2, ..., $timestampN.|
|mage-translation-file-version||A poll ID that indicates if a vote has occurred.|
|recently_compared_product||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|recently_compared_product_previous||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|recently_viewed_product||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|recently_viewed_product_previous||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|stf||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|X-Magento-Vary||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|Persistent Customization Session Cookies (Exempt)|
|amz_auth_err||Used if Enable Login with Amazon is enabled. Value 1 indicates an authorization error.|
|amz_auth_logout||Used if Enable Login with Amazon is enabled. Value 1 indicates that the user should be logged out.|
|form_key||A security measure that appends a random string to all form submissions to protect the data from Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF).|
|mage-cache-sessid||The value of this cookie triggers the cleanup of local cache storage. When the cookie is removed by the backend application, the Admin cleans up local storage, and sets the cookie value to true.|
|mage-cache-storage||Local storage of visitor-specific content that enables ecommerce functions.|
|mage-cache-storage-section-invalidation||Forces local storage of specific content sections that should be invalidated.|
|persistent_shopping_cart||Stores the key (ID) of persistent cart to make it possible to restore the cart for an anonymous shopper.|
|private_content_version||Appends a random, unique number and time to pages with customer content to prevent them from being cached on the server.|
|section_data_ids||Stores customer-specific information related to shopper-initiated actions such as display wish list, checkout information, etc.|
|store||Tracks the specific store view / locale selected by the shopper.|
Google Analytics Cookies
|_utma||Distinguishes users and sessions.|
|_utmb||Determines new sessions/visits.|
|_utmc||Determines if the user was in a new session/visit.|
|_utmz||Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site.|