As the role responsible for managing all finance and accounting operations, it’s critical that a Financial Controller job description captures the breadth, diversity and seniority of the role. A Financial Controller’s duties and responsibilities generally include:
- Cash flow management.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings.
- Stakeholder management.
- Debt management and collection.
- Developing financial reviews and providing investment advice.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition Developing financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations.
- Payroll processing.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Preparing company tax and BAS statements.
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business.
- Retails accounting (including market place /online sales/Shop in Shop)
- Working knowledge of EOSS/ other scheme accounting
- Project costing/pricing for furnishing orders
- Factory accounting for home furnishing
- A minimum of eight to ten years in finance with last two or three years in a Finance Controller roll.
- Sound knowledge in ERP in finance.
- Good Leadership and Mentoring skills.
Competency / Skills:
- Risk Management
- Business Partnering Skills
- Domain Expertise
- Communication and Presentation
- Problem Solving
- This position Manager Finance will report to CFO / Business Head.